1. Bake the cupcakes according to the instructions on the box. When they are finished baking, remove from the oven and let cool completely.
2. While the cupcakes are baking, whip the butter in a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, until it is soft and smooth, approximately 2 minutes.
3. When the butter is whipped, add half of the powdered sugar to the bowl and slowly mix together before adding the second half of it.
4. Next, add the powdered milk, malt powder, and vanilla and mix to a uniform consistency. The mixture will be a little dry and crumbly.
5. Finally, on low speed, slowly add the cream to the bowl. Once it is pretty well added to the icing, turn to medium-high and continue to whip. If you want a lighter, fluffier icing, add more cream and whip faster. If you want a rich, denser icing, don't add as much cream.
6. To assemble the cupcakes, place the cocoa krispies in the a bowl. Using an ice cream scoop, scoop the icing on top of the cupcakes. Place the cupcake, icing down, in the bowl of cereal and press until the icing is covered in cereal. Serve right away.
Tips + Tricks
**Do not dredge the cupcakes in Cocoa Krispies more than a couple hours before you are ready to eat. If the cereal is on the cupcakes longer than 24 hours the cereal gets stale and loses its crunch.
**Powdered milk can be found in the baking aisle near the sweetened condensed milk and evaporated milk.