1. In a medium sauce pot, bring water and salt to a boil.
2. Fill a large bowl with water and ice; set aside.
3. In a sauté pan, add butter, herbs, and walnuts. Bring to medium-low heat, and cook 5 minutes (sauce is done when bubbles turn light brown); set aside.
4. Add green beans to the boiling, salted water and cook until they are a little tender but still firm, about 1-2 minutes. Remove the beans from the heat and place them immediately into the ice water.
5. Once the beans have cooled, toss them in the warm brown butter sauce and serve right away.