This, my friends, is the recipe you'll be making, serving, sipping all summer long. It's a no-cook wonder, and, although it is creamy as can be, it is completely cream free. Let this gorgeous green-grape soup convince you of the brilliance of gazpacho. And let it be your go-to design to delight taste buds from Memorial Day to Labor Day (at the very least).
1. Prep your ingredients: roughly chop the cucumber, remove the grapes from their stems, cube the baguette, and completely submerge the bread in water to soften.
2. In a food processor, pulse together the almonds, clove of garlic, and salt until they reach a flour-like consistency.
3. Squeeze the moisture out of the baguette and add to the almond mixture in the food processor. Blend to a fine consistency. When the mixture is smooth and the ingredients are incorporated completely, transfer to a large bowl.
4. In the food processor, then, blend together the chopped cucumbers and olive oil; transfer to the same bowl as almond mixture.
5. Next, combine the water and grapes and blend to a fine consistency; add to the large bowl of all the blended ingredients.
6. Stir everything together, season with with apple cider vinegar, wrap tightly, and refrigerate to cool completely.
7. When the soup is chilled, ladle into bowls and garnish with toasted, chopped almonds and halved grapes.