Take full advantage of this glorious peach season with a savory twist on supper. Lined up alongside hunks of tender pork, the full brilliance of peaches really shines.
Add heat to the sweet for another layer of flavor too. Follow our directions for a good drenching in jalapeño water that will get any heat-seeker's attention. Temper the kick by omitting the soaking step and simply adding some minced pepper to the vinaigrette. Or, skip the heat altogether and just enjoy the superbright flavors. How ever you twist, you cannot miss.
1. Roughly chop the jalapeño; finely chop with the 1 cup of water in a blend. Next, pour the jalapeño water through a fine mesh sieve.
2. Prep your skewer ingredients: Cut the pork tenderloin into chunks, season with salt and pepper and refrigerate. Remove the pits from the peaches and cut into chunks the size of the pork; toss in the jalapeño water.
3. Preheat your grill. Thread the skewers, alternating pork and peaches.
4. In the blender, then, pulse together the cilantro, lime juice, and oil. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
5. When the grill is hot, place the skewers on the grill and cook until the pork is cooked to 140 degrees.
6. Plate the skewers, brush generously with the cilantro-lime vinaigrette, and serve right away.