1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. Spread the salmon on a cookie sheet and season with salt and pepper. When the oven is preheated, place the salmon in the oven for 10-15 minutes, depending on thickness, until it is cooked completely.
3. While the salmon is cooking, finely dice the celery, chop the chives, and make the Homemade Mayo
4. When the salmon is finished, remove from the oven and let cool enough to touch. Flake into large pieces and place in a bowl. Add the celery, chives, and most of the lemon zest to the bowl. Slowly stir in the mayonnaise until the salad is as dressed as you like it. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Refrigerate until you are ready to serve.
5. Just before serving, then, toast the outside of the buns in a hot pan with some butter. Layer a few leaves of lettuce into the bed of each bun. Spoon the chilled salmon into the center of the leaves, and garnish each roll with celery leaves and more lemon zest. Serve right away.