1. In a large bowl, whip together the heavy whipping cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla to stiff peaks.
2. Blend together the cream cheese, sugar, eggs, and instant espresso to a smooth consistency in a food processor.
3. Fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture.
4. Create stations for your tiramisu: Empty 2 bottles of Stout into a bowl. Open the lady fingers. Have your ramekins ready.
5. Quickly dunk the lady fingers, one at a time, into the beer and start to layer; do your best to completely cover the bottom of the ramekin. Then, generously spoon some of the cream cheese mixture over top. Add another layer of the beer-soaked lady fingers, followed by another layer of cream cheese and another layer of lady fingers. Repeat until all of the lady fingers are used up, the cheese mixture is used, or all of your ramekins are filled.
6. When all of the tiramisus are made, cover with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for at least an hour to set up before serving.
Tips + Tricks
**We used Brooklyn Brewery's Black Chocolate Stout, but you should use whichever chocolate stout you prefer; always cook with what you like to drink.
**Lady fingers are essentially little sponges. Be careful to not soak for too long. Just dip in the liquid quickly and assemble the tiramisu. If they soak for too long they fall apart in the liquid or yield a watery tiramisu.
**The cream cheese portion of this recipe is delicious! You may also serve the mixture as a dessert dip and toast the lady fingers for dunking.